Standard Bank is the largest bank in Africa and our highly visible brand, award-winning service, and strong global presence helps us maintain our market-leading position. We place huge value on the talent of our people to drive our continued success, and to support our plans for growth.
At Standard Trust we want to help our clients build a more prosperous tomorrow by helping them to manage, grow and protect what is most important to them today. We have a qualified and dedicated team of fiduciary specialists that work to ensure that their wealth is preserved for future generations. If you are interested in driving a purpose that looks at ensuring that business is enabled through customer focused Estate solutions, this Internship is an ideal opportunity to enter the world of Finance and Tax in Estate planning.
Duration: 01 April 2021 to 31 March 2023
Allowance: R8 000 per month
- Understanding the value chain of Estate Planning
- In resolving clients inquires & complaints
- Interacting with internal stakeholders within STL and within the greater Bank.
- Client service and developing Client Relationships
- Administration of different Trust
- Compiling and submitting taxes.
- Reading of court orders and breakdown
- Compliance to all group standards / policies.
- Compliance training.
- Supporting with Tax administration
- Cash book entries ( debits and credits)
- Telephone Etiquette
- Business Writing Etiquette.
- Office administration
Qualifications and Experience
- Be a South African Citizen
- Be between the ages of 18 and 30
- Be able to speak, read and write English
- Have completed a minimum 3 year BCom Finance/Accounting qualification looking to specialise in Tax
- Be computer literate
- Not be permanently employed
- Not be studying at any other institution
- Not be registered on any other learnership or internship