Operating Division : Transnet NPA
Position Title : Safety & Quality Officer: Aviation
Employee Group : Permanent
Department : Aviation
Location : Durban
Reporting To : Safety & Quality Manager
Grade Level : G
Reference Number : 10253110
To execute, evaluate, maintain and continuously improve the Safety and Quality Management System within TNPA Aviation
- Involvement in planning and execution of TNPA Aviation Safety and Quality Meetings;
- Support during departmental Safety and Quality meetings;
- Implement an effective incident management process;
- Conduct Internal Audits, Ad hock Safety and Quality inspections on the Safety and Quality Management System;
- Identify and Coordinate Safety and Quality Training needs and advise the different business units (Training, Flight Operations and Maintenance);
- Conduct Risk Assessments and report all risks;
- Ensure legal and other requirements’ Compliance in safety health and environment;
- Ensure that incidents are reported to Safety and Quality Manager, Accountable Manager, and attend to their investigations or inquiries when required;
- Reporting to TNPA Aviation on DIFR or LTIFR;
- Implement a new process improvement initiative;
- Participate in the performance management process;
- Participate in staff meetings as and when required to discuss operational performance and business issues; and
- Stop any unsafe act or operations and immediately inform the Safety and Quality Manager.
Qualifications & Experience:
- Matric Certificate;
- Safety Management Diploma or equivalent Engineering Diploma either in Mechanical or Electrical disciplines;
- Valid Driver’s License;
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in the aviation field;
- Relevant Aircraft Trade Certificate in core disciplines (e.g. Avionics/Mechanical AME) will be an advantage;
- Hold an ATPL-H or CPL-H will be an advantage;
- Completed an approved IATA Quality Management Course will be an advantage;
- Completed SACAA approved or IATA Safety Management System (SMS) course will be an advantage; and
- ISO 9001:2008/ ISO9001:2015 / AS 9100C Lead Auditing Certificate will be an added advantage.
- Aviation Safety and Quality regulations, processes and procedures.
- Organizational auditing principles and compliance procedures.
- Incident/accident reporting procedures and investigation.
- Effective communication.
- Computer literacy.
- Diversity management.
- Critical thinking and problem solving.
- Active listening.
- Time management.
- Ability to work alone.
- Attention to detail.
- High quality outputs with regards to safety matters.
- Flexibility and adaptability.
- Deadline driven.
How to apply
This advert is open for application by external applicants.
Equity Statement :Preference will be given to suitably qualified Applicants who are members of the
designated groups in line with the Employment Equity Plan and Targets of the Organisation/Operating
Applicants that are interested in applying for any of the advertised positions must apply by registering on the Careers section
of the Transnet Internet. Please take care in completing all required details on the profile, and then apply for the position.
Alternative Application Methods: (Completed Curriculum Vitae to be submitted)
E-mail : TNPARecruitment3@transnet.net
The closing date is on 21.07.2020. It is the responsibility of the applicant to ensure that HR has received the application
before the closing date of the advertisement.
Note: if you have not been contacted within 30 days of the closing date of this advertisement please consider your
application as unsuccessful.
Any questions regarding the application or recruitment process should be sent in writing to
We urge all our employees, clients, members of the public and our suppliers to report any kind of fraud or corruption at
Transnet. Call the hotline toll free number: 0800 003 056 or email Transnet@tip-offs.com