APPLICATION FOR ENROLMENT IN THE RESERVE FORCE OF THE
SOUTH AFRICAN NATIONAL DEFENCE FORCE
1. Principle. The primary principle of Reserve Force (Res F) service is voluntarism.
2. Aim. The aim of this document is to:
a. Serve as an application for enrolment into the Res F of the South African National Defence Force (SANDF). Should the applicant be successful, he or she will become a member of the Res F of the SANDF.
b. Record, for SANDF planning purposes, the availability of the applicant for service in a preferred period or periods of the year, as negotiated between the member and the SANDF. However, once agreement regarding the period of utilisation has been reached, attendance becomes mandatory.
3. Who may apply for Enrolment? SA Citizens between the ages of 18 and 65 years, with no criminal convictions, may apply for enrolment in the Res F. Members of the South African Police Service, Metro Police and Department of Correctional Service may not be considered for enrolment in the Reserve Force.
4. Periods of Service. Periods of service will be negotiated between the member and the SANDF.
5. Employers. Prospective volunteers are advised to discuss their enrolment in the Res F with their employers, if applicable, in order to ensure their availability when required.
6. Medical Examination. The applicant is to undergo the prescribed SANDF medical examination and declared medically fit by the Surgeon
General before enrolment.
7. Documents. This application must be supported by certified copies of the following documents:
a. RSA Identity Document.
b. Highest educational qualification (ie School Certificate and/or Tertiary Certificate(s)).
c. Registration Certificates from Professional Bodies and current receipts.
d. Relevant Service Certificates (dates, nature of employment essential).
8. Form SAPS 91(a) South African Service Enquiry. Fingerprints must be taken at a South African Police Service Station and the form must be attached to the application form. (Form not attached).
How To Apply
Dowload application form here >>Reserve application form